[Xen-devel] xc_vcpu_setcontext problem with translated shadow page table

To: "Xen Devel" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] xc_vcpu_setcontext problem with translated shadow page table domains
From: "Tim Wood" <twwood@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 19:08:32 -0500
Delivery-date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 16:08:43 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,
I'm working on save/restore for (non hvm) domains with the
auto_translated_physmap feature enabled.  I've based my code roughly
off of a patch to provide save/restore support for HVM domains, but
I'm running into problems when I try to restore a domain.

My call to xc_vcpu_setcontext() is failing during restoration -- is
there anything unusual about context structs for these types of
domains?

In my save function I write to disk the value returned from
xc_vcpu_getcontext(), which I then read back in during my restore
function and pass to xc_vcpu_setcontext().  Can someone think of a
reason why this would fail?

thanks for any ideas,
-Tim