[Xen-devel] Creating sparse images on LiveCD similar to Xen LiveCD

To: xendevel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] Creating sparse images on LiveCD similar to Xen LiveCD
From: jdsw <jdsw2002@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 19:05:57 -0700 (PDT)
Delivery-date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 19:06:14 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi
   I am trying to make some changes, add a new program
to  Xen Live CD. Live CD is done very smartly to be
able to fit distrubutions and guest images. I have not
been able to get my head around it completely. I would
like to get in touch with someone who knows more about
this.

In particular,

-- How does sparse img files make it to CDROM ? I
could not spot any options in mkisofs.

-- How does sparse files from CDROM are available to
domains with R/W and not occupying all memory ? Temp
file space on disk is used ? OR COW does something
even smarter ?

-- normal way seems to have linuxrc, I do not see it.
Does "init" from the ramdisk starting point ?

Thanks
/Jd