Re: [Xen-devel] Vmxassist build failure on gcc 3.3.5

To: "Woller, Thomas" <thomas.woller@xxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Vmxassist build failure on gcc 3.3.5
From: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 19:47:18 +0100
Delivery-date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 11:59:31 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 19/10/06 5:39 pm, "Woller, Thomas" <thomas.woller@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> The failure is with gcc 3.3.5, I just tried a local SLES10 gcc 4.0.2
> version and it seems to work fine with either of the above asm lines,
> and generates same opcodes.

I expect placing $DATA_SELECTOR in brackets $(DATA_SELECTOR) will work. I
expect the version of cpp is not able to pick out a macro usage when it runs
into adjacent punctuation.

> Should the "$" be removed?

That would change the meaning of the instruction! It would be move from
memory instead of move from immediate.

 -- Keir