Re: [Xen-devel] [patch] Fix 32bit xen-tools build.

To: <kraxel@xxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] [patch] Fix 32bit xen-tools build.
From: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2006 09:55:17 +0100
Delivery-date: Thu, 05 Oct 2006 02:07:05 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On 5/10/06 9:48 am, "kraxel@xxxxxxx" <kraxel@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> This fixes building 32bit xen-tools on a amd64 machine, i.e.
> "XEN_TARGET_ARCH=x86_32 make".
>
> For ioemu I've taken the lazy path and just disabled them for
> cross-builds, I'll leave that to fix to someone who knows the
> qemu makefiles better than I do ;)

The mbootpack change seems wrong. It's not installed on the target machine
(it's a build-system tool) so it should actually be built with HOSTCFLAGS,
not CFLAGS. Is that reasonable?

Presumably the most important part of this patch is the change to LDFLAGS
and ASFLAGS? I suppose any halfway modern version of binutils must support
those flags (otherwise gcc -m32 wouldn't work)?

 -- Keir