[Xen-devel] Individual passwords for guest VNC servers ?

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] Individual passwords for guest VNC servers ?
From: "Daniel P. Berrange" <berrange@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 19:11:53 +0100
Delivery-date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 11:12:28 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
The current implementation of the VNC server in qemu-dm appears to just
leverage whatever password the root user has set in /root/.vnc/passwd.
This doesn't really have very nice semantics if one migrates the domain
over to a different host...which may not have same VNC password file.
It also doesn't allow for delegating access to individuale guest VNC
console to differeing sets of users since all guests share same password
for access.

Has anyone given any thought to / written any patches to enable assignment
of different passwords to individual guest's VNC servers. At its simplest
one could just allow the crypt/md5 hash of the desired password to be
supplied in the xm config file, or XenD SEXPR when creating a new domain
and pass that hash through to qemu-dm to use instead of /root/.vnc/passwd

Regards,
Dan.