[Xen-devel] Re: A race condition in xenlinux exit_mmap

On 1 Aug 2006, at 10:21, Li, Xin B wrote:

2 possible solutions are:
1) call arch_exit_mmap after unmap_vmas.
2) unmap foreign mapped pages before calling arch_exit_mmap, and then we
can do the normal cleanup jobs.

A longer term plan is to add an explicit flag to PTEs that are foreign mappings (and so are not refcounted). However, I think the easiest solution for now is to add a flag to mmu_context structure indicating whether this mm has ever had any foreign mappings (so you would set it in direct_remap_pfn_range()). If it has then we do not call mm_unpin() from _arch_exit_mmap() -- doing so is only an optimisation which we can simply not do for the very small number of mm's that have foreign mappings.

Do you mind creating a patch to do this? I can send you more details if you like.

 -- Keir