[Xen-devel] LV mount

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] LV mount
From: "Joseph A. Perrin" <jap@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2006 13:53:10 -0400
Delivery-date: Thu, 08 Jun 2006 08:23:50 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Greetings;

The concept of mounting a LV "file", as created by xenguest-install.py is very appealing. I've seen that topic here and there, but no practical advice on how to do it.

I'd like to create some standard system images, move them into position, tweak some files therein, and then create a host. The tweaking step is the big problem.

For clarity my config files have an entry like this:

        disk = [ 'file:/xenimages/g1.root,xvda,w', ...

Is is possible to mount a LV "file", (i.e. /xenimages/g1.root), much like one would mount a file system using the loop option? (and *No*, I don't want to try to do this while my vMachine is running!) Then the Xen host machine can set little things like hostname, additional volumes to mount, etc. to get it on it's merry way!

Any direction would be helpful!  :-)

-jap

--
Joseph A. Perrin  President of Discovery Networks, Inc.  Voice: 616.977.1700
jap@xxxxxxx       http://dnx.net                           Fax: 616.977.1702