[Xen-devel] question on XML-RPC interface to xend

To: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] question on XML-RPC interface to xend
From: "Jayesh Salvi" <jayeshsalvi@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 14:31:29 +0000
Delivery-date: Sun, 28 May 2006 07:31:50 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

I noticed that an XMLRPC interface has been introduced from 3.0.2+. This is breaking the remote execution of xm commands I used to do.

This change entirely changed the tools/python/xen/xend/XendClient.py. I used to remotely control the pool of servers by doing:
XEND=<remote server name> xm <operation>

For this I had to change last line of XendClient.py from getUnixServer() to getHttpServer() . This tweak changed the way "xm" connects to xend process - instead of Unix domain sockets it uses Http connections.

This setup used to work fine. I however do not understand the XML-RPC behavior from "xm"'s point of view. The XendClient.py now just opens a ServerProxy for a xmlrpc socket, which take httpu URI. I don't know how I can direct xm operations to the remote physical servers now.

Is remote access using xm discontinued because of this change? Or is there some method?

Please let me know.
Thanks,

--
Jayesh