Re: [Xen-devel] Re: X86_emulate to be moved into qemu...

To: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Re: X86_emulate to be moved into qemu...
From: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 15:20:43 +0100
Cc: Xen devel list <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Thu, 18 May 2006 07:21:05 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On 18 May 2006, at 14:58, Petersson, Mats wrote:

Ok, I'm with you.

Attached is a quick hack at getting a single argument to
x86_emulate_memop() and related changes. Comments please...

Yeah, if you clean the formatting up a bit and submit that, I'd apply it.

The only question I have is really what we should call the argument structure. I guess x86_emulator_args is descriptive. I wondered about simply calling it x86_emulate, with the expectation that if/when we extend the emulator to do more than just memops we will rename the emulator call to x86_emulate(). Then we would simply have the same name for the function and its argument structure, which would be neat and straightforward. Sticking _args on the end of the name just seems ugly to me for some reason, but maybe that's just irrational.

 -- Keir