[Xen-devel] Xm-test fails to pass sanity checks in hvm mode

To: <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] Xm-test fails to pass sanity checks in hvm mode
From: "Lynn Bendixsen" <lbendixs@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 11:06:59 -0600
Delivery-date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 10:07:28 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am attempting to run xm-test in hvm mode.  I built successfully and then
started runtests.sh. After about 30 seconds an error message appeared "Timed
out connecting to console" or similar.  I then used xmexample.hvm to manually
try and start disk.img fully virtualized and the following was the last few
lines on the VMs terminal:

VFS: Cannot open root device "0301" or unknown-block(3,1)
Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(3,1)

Has anyone else seen this issue?  Did I do something wrong?

I built on SLES 10 beta 9 using that kernel for --with-hvm-kernel.

Regards,
 Lynn

Lynn Bendixsen
Software Engineer