Re: [Xen-devel] [patch] bitops on irq_cpustat_t->__softirq_pending

On 31 Mar 2006, at 13:03, Hollis Blanchard wrote:

Makes sense. In fact I would say any array with NR_CPUS elements should probably be in a per-cpu data area to avoid "__cacheline_aligned" padding.

However, we don't have a standard infrastructure for that in Xen right now, and that means that IA64's hardirq.h, part of the weird suck-in-headers-from-Linux thing, is radically different from x86 (and thus PPC). And *that* means it's quite difficult to make any changes to hardirq.h without fear of breaking the IA64 build.

I'm going to pull in percpu support after 3.0.2.

 -- Keir