Re: [Xen-devel] bug # 477

To: Florian Kirstein <xenlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] bug # 477
From: Ewan Mellor <ewan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 10:56:03 +0100
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 09:57:35 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Wed, Mar 29, 2006 at 07:24:01AM +0200, Florian Kirstein wrote:

> Hallo,
>
> > data. I have confirmed this behaviour in the March 14th pull as well as
> > the March 17 pull from xen-unstable-hg.    I have also found that if
> > xenconsoled does not crash, it goes to 100% CPU in dom0.   Any thoughts?
> Sorry, none, but I can reproduce this in the current unstable version
> (2006/04/28) easily and also had it in older versions. Can't reporduce it
> in Xen 2, there the console works smoothly. Test-System was a P4
> without hyperthreading.
>
> Easiest way seems to be to open a console to a domU, start "cat" and paste
> some larger block of text (I used the content of a full 90x80 xterm) and it
> brings xenconsoled in Dom0 to 100% CPU reliably, either for quite some
> time (30 seconds or so) or even until I kill it.

When xenconsoled gets into this state, spinning using 100% CPU, could you use
gdb to find out where it is spinning?  We've not managed to reproduce this, so
any clue as to where it's getting stuck would be useful -- a backtrace or a
core dump would be most valuable.

Thanks,

Ewan.