[Xen-devel] Re: [RFC, PATCH 0/24] VMI i386 Linux virtualization interfac

To: Zachary Amsden <zach@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] Re: [RFC, PATCH 0/24] VMI i386 Linux virtualization interface proposal
From: Rik van Riel <riel@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 23:30:42 -0500 (EST)
Cc: Andrew Morton <akpm@xxxxxxxx>, Joshua LeVasseur <jtl@xxxxxxxxxx>, Xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Pratap Subrahmanyam <pratap@xxxxxxxxxx>, Wim Coekaerts <wim.coekaerts@xxxxxxxxxx>, Chris Wright <chrisw@xxxxxxxx>, Jack Lo <jlo@xxxxxxxxxx>, Dan Hecht <dhecht@xxxxxxxxxx>, Linux Kernel Mailing List <linux-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Jan Beulich <jbeulich@xxxxxxxxxx>, Christopher Li <chrisl@xxxxxxxxxx>, Virtualization Mailing List <virtualization@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Linus Torvalds <torvalds@xxxxxxxx>, Anne Holler <anne@xxxxxxxxxx>, Jyothy Reddy <jreddy@xxxxxxxxxx>, Kip Macy <kmacy@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Ky Srinivasan <ksrinivasan@xxxxxxxxxx>, Leendert van Doorn <leendert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Dan Arai <arai@xxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 10:10:10 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Mon, 13 Mar 2006, Zachary Amsden wrote:
> Anthony Liguori wrote:

> > In your next round of patches, could you clarify the actual licensing of the
> > files?
>
> I'm sorry about the legalese.  The patches are patches to the Linux kernel,
> and therefore under GPL v2 by default.  I thought that would be implicit.

It would be very bad if Linus started applying code with
a dubious license to the kernel, if we want to keep the
kernel GPL v2.

Having an explicit license and a Signed-off-by: line are
things to remember with big patch sets.  At the very least
a Signed-off-by: line..

--
All Rights Reversed