Re: [Xen-devel] n/w performance degradation

To: Nivedita Singhvi <niv@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] n/w performance degradation
From: Diwaker Gupta <diwaker.lists@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 17:32:03 -0800
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 06 Dec 2005 01:32:30 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Diwaker,
>
> Can you run oprofile and obtain any kind of breakdown
> on that, if possible?

Not today. Unfortunately I'm going to be offline for the next couple
of weeks. Anyhow, I'll try to see if I can post some more data in the
interim.

> Also, are you dedicating individual
> CPUs to dom0 and guest? (Avoiding much of the context
> switching on I/O)

Like I mentioned in my email, everything is on the same CPU right now
(nosmp, noht)

> What are your memory allocations? How much
> of a bump do you get if you increase memory?

Currently, both dom0 and the vm have 128MB. I rebooted with dom0
having 512MB and VM with 256 MB. Here are the numbers:

dom0:
[  5]  0.0-10.0 sec    987 MBytes    828 Mbits/sec

VM:
[  5]  0.0-10.0 sec    938 MBytes    787 Mbits/sec

So getting slightly better. I haven't run these with SEDF though,
above are using BVT.

--
Web/Blog/Gallery: http://floatingsun.net