RE: [Xen-devel] Hotplug scripts not working... xen/ia64 domU stopped wor

To: "Ewan Mellor" <ewan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] Hotplug scripts not working... xen/ia64 domU stopped working
From: "Magenheimer, Dan (HP Labs Fort Collins)" <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 16:54:07 -0800
Delivery-date: Fri, 02 Dec 2005 00:54:15 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > Confirmed that cset 8048 works, so the problem starts between
> > cset 8049 and 8054.
>
> Well it can only be 8049 then.  I'd back that out for now
> until we figure out
> what the problem is.  That cset is flawed anyway -- there's
> new changes in that
> area on the way -- but all the problems that we've seen
> before should still
> be logging things.  We'll revisit this one when those new
> changes come in.

When I apply (-R) "hg diff -r 8048 -r 8049" to tip (8154),
a number of hunks fail (block, block-common.sh, and DevController)
so this is easier said than done, especially for a shell/python
novice :-(

Do you see any easy way to turn off the intent of the patch
so I can test-disable it on ia64?  I'm about 100 csets behind
now (against xen-unstable) and I'll bet there are other
problem csets waiting to be found.

Thanks,
Dan