Re: [Filtered!] [Xen-devel] Networking problems with xen3

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Filtered!] [Xen-devel] Networking problems with xen3
From: Jody Belka <lists-xen@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2005 22:20:05 +0100
Cc: Ian Pratt <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Sun, 06 Nov 2005 21:20:01 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Sun, Nov 06, 2005 at 08:57:18PM -0000, Ian Pratt wrote:
> > Everything looks fine during the boot, the network device is
> > detected, and the distro scripts bring it up as normal, going
> > as far as displaying a link up message in the log. However,
> > if I try and do something over the network, things
> > immediately go wrong.
>
> The network card is trying to use irq3, which is normally reserved for
> COM2. I'm wandering whether this is causing problems.
>
> Can you try configuring the card for a different interrupt line?
>
> Ian

The bios on this board doesn't give any direct control over interrupt
lines. However, by playing about with some of the configuration options,
I was able to shift it over to irq5, and then irq10. Both failed in
exactly the same manner.

Jody Belka
knew (at) pimb (dot) org