[Xen-devel] Remaining ia64 differences in xen driver code

To: <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] Remaining ia64 differences in xen driver code
From: "Magenheimer, Dan (HP Labs Fort Collins)" <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 09:31:10 -0800
Delivery-date: Fri, 04 Nov 2005 17:31:22 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Keir --

I've continued trimming the ia64 differences from various
xen driver modules and have it down to a handful.  This last
round required adding a few #include lines, a couple of calls
to xen_init(), and a few ia64 defines (see cset 7514 in
http://xenbits.xensource.com/ext/xen-ia64-unstable.hg) and
will be in the next ia64 pull.

A handful of ia64 differences remain.  Since:

- we don't have a good way to split out driver arch-dep
  differences into a separate file (as is done with
  xen/common vs xen/arch) other than moving code into
  header files
- remaining changes would require some Xen/x86 code movement
- 3.0 freeze is nearing and moving code around is potentially
  dangerous

...I'd like to move the remaining handful of ia64 differences
into the mainline using "#ifdef __ia64__".  Would that
be OK?  If so, I will include them in the next ia64 pull.
If not, I'd appreciate some help with the x86 code changes.

Thanks,
Dan

P.S. If you want to look at the specific ifdefs, they can be
found in:

http://xenbits.xensource.com/ext/xen-ia64-unstable.hg?cmd=manifest;manif
est=d2459f19e52e7402572d1a22f3305a9584e6adae;path=/linux-2.6-xen-sparse/
arch/ia64/xen/drivers/patches/

(If this URL gets mangled, go to:
http://xenbits.xensource.com/ext/xen-ia64-unstable.hg
and walk the manifest to
linux-2.6-xen-sparse/arch/ia64/xen/drivers/patches)