Re: [Xen-devel] GPF error message from hypervisor

On 21 Oct 2005, at 19:35, Andrew Ball wrote:

What does this mean?  Is it serious?  It seems that I can only
reproduce this if I have IBM Director installed on the blade, so it
could be triggered by something that the Director code is doing.

It's harmless. The Director application must be doing weird things with its LDT (Local Descriptor Table), using large-numbered selectors. Usually, if an app uses the LDT at all it needs only quite a small one and will allocate selectors within it from zero upwards. Selector numbers 0xff3c/0xff8c are at the very upper limit of the table.

If you want to avoid the message you need to build Xen itself with 'verbose=n' -- you can do this by editing Xen/Rules.mk.

Probably those messages should be quietened down anyway...

 -- Keir