This is an archived copy of the Xen.org mailing list, which we have preserved to ensure that existing links to archives are not broken. The live archive, which contains the latest emails, can be found at http://lists.xen.org/
Home Products Support Community News


Re: [Xen-devel] Daily Xen Builds

To: Anthony Liguori <aliguori@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Daily Xen Builds
From: Nicholas Lee <emptysands@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 09:42:43 +1300
Cc: Ian Pratt <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, David F Barrera <dfbp@xxxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Dan Smith <danms@xxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 20:40:05 +0000
Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=beta; d=gmail.com; h=received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; b=Gf4ghY/EKAUB+hW9010AWyIaAlypXZWDEYmvEiWwfNzXtuflfur7WeB+r5BF0vnh4tMN+Bb4hAjxDmvDpI8dqMa75OeWZ0ki6/dQyQmiXeGvtOmcg3+7XzNvg04WoWHBOnMzXvcz9WiYpGymEJRcFncTv3jHuljYjUJNINuLFWM=
Envelope-to: www-data@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
In-reply-to: <434ADB55.8050609@xxxxxxxxxx>
List-help: <mailto:xen-devel-request@lists.xensource.com?subject=help>
List-id: Xen developer discussion <xen-devel.lists.xensource.com>
List-post: <mailto:xen-devel@lists.xensource.com>
List-subscribe: <http://lists.xensource.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/xen-devel>, <mailto:xen-devel-request@lists.xensource.com?subject=subscribe>
List-unsubscribe: <http://lists.xensource.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/xen-devel>, <mailto:xen-devel-request@lists.xensource.com?subject=unsubscribe>
References: <1128978545.12366.15.camel@dbarrera_tp> <434ADB55.8050609@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 10/11/05, Anthony Liguori <aliguori@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Is it perhaps wise, nearing 3.0, that we adopt a policy of running the
> various test suites on code before it gets pushed to the public tree?

Can we expect there to be a some sort of freeze on 3.0 soon?

As a user its hard to tell at the moment if new features are still
being developed and added to 3.0 or we are chasing bugs.

The idea that a freeze and focus for release is occurring soon, would
make the time I'm spending testing Xen 3.0 on a machine I want to put
into production at some point is worth while.

I'm working under the assumption that 3.0 has been projected to be
release soon so its on a spiral to being stable. Otherwise, maybe I'll
just go back 2.0 and wait 6 months.

Nicholas Lee
gpg 8072 4F86 EDCD 4FC1 18EF  5BDD 07B0 9597 6D58 D70C

Xen-devel mailing list