Re: [Xen-devel] networking oddities, present status ? changeset: 7145:71

To: habanero@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] networking oddities, present status ? changeset: 7145:71466686d026
From: Ted Kaczmarek <tedkaz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 17:16:28 -0400
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 21:14:14 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> .
>
> I have been experiencing some oddities as well.  Xen/bridge networking works
> on some switches, but not on others.  Also if I have one host with a domU
> communicating to another host, an unrelated host (with xen) will sometimes
> get "peth0: received packet with  own address as source address" error
> messages.  I have to wonder if all these bridges on the xen equipped hosts
> need unique MAC addresses (they all have fe:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff)
>
> -Andrew

Only the bridge that xend brings up automatically is getting that mac in
my setup. The other two bridges I have use the mac address of the
ethernet they are a slave to. I am using FC4 domO.

I would think the bridge should always grab the mac address of the
ethernet is is a slave too, the dom0 than gets treated just like any
other managed bridge device, clean and simple.

I suspect their may be a good reason for this, just beyond my scope of
knowledge.

Regards,
Ted