Re: [Xen-devel] networking oddities, present status ? changeset: 7145:71

To: habanero@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] networking oddities, present status ? changeset: 7145:71466686d026
From: Nivedita Singhvi <niv@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 13:50:23 -0700
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 20:48:20 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Andrew Theurer wrote:
On Friday 30 September 2005 13:10, Ted Kaczmarek wrote:

What is the present status of networking? Also will assigning unique mac
addresses to individual bridges on a domO be supported?

I didn't see the parent post on this, and was working on exactly
the same question. Think there are still a few bugs out there,
especially with differing kernel configs (complex bridging,
some filtering, ipsec, tcp options, v6 support, etc). We'd like to beef
up some network test cases and then grind it out through all
the test frameworks. Yes on the latter question.

thanks,
Nivedita

I have been experiencing some oddities as well. Xen/bridge networking works on some switches, but not on others. Also if I have one host with a domU

Which switches doesn't it work on, do you know?

communicating to another host, an unrelated host (with xen) will sometimes get "peth0: received packet with own address as source address" error messages. I have to wonder if all these bridges on the xen equipped hosts need unique MAC addresses (they all have fe:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff)