Re: [Xen-devel] Cannot create domU

On 26 Sep 2005, at 13:47, Greg KH wrote:

It does just that.  Look at /etc/hotplug.d/default/ directory and see
the file "default.hotplug"?  That is what this file does.

Soon, for Gentoo, that file will go away (well, actually the udev rule
to run that will go away first) and then you will need to use udev rules
to handle everything for hotplug.  Other distros have already switched
over to this method with very good results.

Greg,

At the moment, installing our script at /etc/hotplug/xen-backend.agent 'just works' for us. Are we going to need to do anything more, or relocate our script, to get our script called on udev-only systems? And would there be any danger of our script being called twice on some systems (once via udev; once via hotplug)?

 -- Keir