Re: [Xen-devel] Cannot create domU

To: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Cannot create domU
From: Chris Bainbridge <chris.bainbridge@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2005 10:54:07 +0000
Delivery-date: Sat, 24 Sep 2005 10:51:49 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 24/09/05, Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On my box /proc/sys/kernel/hotplug points at /sbin/hotplug, which runs
> a script in /etc/hotplug.d/defaults which then runs the appropriate
> agent script (/etc/hotplug/xen-backend.agent).

Ok, udevsend is the default hotplug event handler in Gentoo..
apparently /sbin/hotplug used to be, but has been deprecated

">From udev-047, udevd is capable of handling hotplug events from
modules, as well as devices, and knows to call the appropriate hotplug
rc script related to the module. (at module load, a hotplug event is
generated by the kernel, and calls whatever is defined as the hotplug
handler)."

I just tried echo /sbin/hotplug > /proc/sys/kernel/hotplug and it
works! Woohoo! I can now mount the virtual device. So... there is
something wrong with either xen or udevsend that should be fixed. I
have no experience with hotplug, but if someone can point me in the
right direction I'll try to debug.