Re: [Xen-devel] Re: tidy up requested

> >>So I can not convince you to allow multiple versions of xen on one
> >>machine?
> >>People who are using 2.0 and porting to 3.0 (like me and newsham and
> >>...) could sure use that setup!

> Yeah, I've got a pretty good feel for what needs to change.  Not
> surprisingly, Xend will be the most pain here.  I think we can
> actually  be smart though and avoid having to know the prefix at
> compile time.

Actually, while you're at it, could we make Xen aware of LOCALVERSION,
so you can 'make LOCALVERSION=_foo dist', and not only would you get
custom kernels that can co-exist with other kernels (as already
happens), but you also get xen-3.0-devel_foo.gz that can be installed
nicely without overwriting other Xen builds you have. That would have
made things much easier for me this week, and I suspect it would
continue to do so.

I suggest this would be additional to, and not replace, support for
$prefix.

--
Stop the infinite loop, I want to get off!     http://surreal.istic.org/
Paraphernalia/Never hides your broken bones,/ And I don't know why you'd