Re: [Xen-devel] Re: IDLE domain is scheduled more than dom0

On 9 Jul 2005, at 19:14, Stephan Diestelhorst wrote:

This is the current default behaviour of domain 0, it gets 75% of the
CPU time and no slack time. This is easily changeable, and I guess it is
usefull to do so!

The default for all domains should be that they are eligible for slack time. Alternatively (or perhaps additionally), CPU time should be given to ineligible domains in preference to idling the CPU. There's no good reason for the scheduler not to be work conserving, even if no domains are marked as wanting slack time.

 -- Keir