Re: [Xen-devel] Re: IDLE domain is scheduled more than dom0

To: Andrew Theurer <habanero@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Re: IDLE domain is scheduled more than dom0
From: Bin Ren <bin.ren@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 20:06:41 +0100
Cc: Dan Magenheimer <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 19:05:28 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I think it's quite likely that by default SEDF doesn't allow  domains
to use slack CPU time, i.e. non  work-conserving. Each domain is given
an absolute percentage of the total CPU time. Try use command "xm sedf
dom-id 0 0 0 1 0" to give a domain access to slack CPU time. Hopefully
this could restore the performance.

BTW, on my uniprocessor test machine with latest xen-unstable,
xenlinux 2.6.11.12, domU sees significant drop in network throughputs
(~40% less!) I'm interested in whether other people encounter similar
situations, especially on SMP machines.

Cheers,
Bin