Re: [Xen-devel] veth0 stuff in -unstable?

On Fri, 8 Jul 2005, Nate Carlson wrote:
OK - so for a bridging setup, on d0, as I understand it from that script, we're supposed to have 4(!) interfaces now:

eth0
veth0
vif0.0
xen-br0

One thing I find odd is that it assigns the IP address to veth0, but vif0.0 is the one that gets added to the bridge with eth0 - is that the expected behavior?

How does veth0/vif0.0 relate to the physical device? Is it just another entirely "virtual" device, or should I be able to take eth0 down, assign the IP to veth0, and have things work?

Interesting - the default network script does assign veth0 on bootup, and everything works great - until I start up a guest domain. Anything I can do to troubleshoot that?