Re: [Xen-devel] DOM0_GETDOMAININFO intended behavior

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] DOM0_GETDOMAININFO intended behavior
From: Daniel Stekloff <dsteklof@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2005 07:56:26 -0700
Cc: Ian Pratt <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Kip Macy <kip.macy@xxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Sat, 04 Jun 2005 14:56:00 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Saturday 04 June 2005 01:20, Ian Pratt wrote:
> > :-)
> >
> > I asked the same question a week or two ago and yes it is
> > intended. It provides for easy iteration. I think it is kind
> > of a hackish interface as it isn't uniform with *all* the
> > other DOM0 calls. However, it works and once you know to
> > check the domid return value your code will work as expected.
>
> I suppose we could add a flag to indicate whether you were iterating or
> wanted information on a specific domain. I think currently the only case
> where we want to iterate is 'xm list'.

If you're ok with changing the interface, wouldn't it be better for the
hypercall to get and return just the requested domain info while you move the
interation to libxc? The library could have two calls, one which calls the
other: xc_domain_getinfo() and xc_domain_getinfo_list()

This way you'd have a hypercall that returns expected information and you
wouldn't have to worry about flags.

Thanks,

Dan