Re: [Xen-devel] Hypercall interface changes for PAE

On Tue, 2005-05-31 at 19:21 +0100, Keir Fraser wrote:
> The downside of this approach is that the C declarations of
> mmu_update_t, update_va_mapping, etc are different on 32-bit PAE
> builds....

The rest of this idea I like, but the statement above seems like the
wrong thing to do. The right thing to do is to preserve a uniform
interface, breaking compatibility. This is a change being made in an
unreleased major version -- an interface change that requires a
recompile is perfectly okay.

A further advantage of this change is that the structure is likely to be
more compatible across different architectures, which will reduce source
code changes in the hypervisor and also (in some cases) in certain
commonly used bits of guest kernel code.

shap