[Xen-devel] network (irq?) problems in unstable

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] network (irq?) problems in unstable
From: Gerd Knorr <kraxel@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 14:52:47 +0200
Delivery-date: Mon, 30 May 2005 12:54:19 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Hi,

With xen unstable I have the problem that the network stops
working after a while.  Heavy network traffic seems to make it
more likely, it triggers almost every time I try to untar a
kernel source tree, where the tarball comes from a NFS-mounted
volume.

The network card doesn't receive interrupts any more according
to /proc/interrupts.  It works fine in native linux and also
with xen 2.0.  It's a tulip card.  Anyone has an idea what this
might be or where to look?

  Gerd

/proc/interrupts in native linux:
           CPU0
  0:     613024          XT-PIC  timer
  1:        673          XT-PIC  i8042
  2:          0          XT-PIC  cascade
  5:       3460          XT-PIC  sym53c8xx
  7:          1          XT-PIC  parport0
  8:          2          XT-PIC  rtc
  9:          0          XT-PIC  acpi, uhci_hcd
 10:          0          XT-PIC  Ensoniq AudioPCI
 11:       1131          XT-PIC  eth0
 12:        446          XT-PIC  i8042
 14:        313          XT-PIC  ide0
 15:       9492          XT-PIC  ide1
NMI:          0
LOC:          0
ERR:          0
MIS:          0

/proc/interrupts in domain0, unstable:
           CPU0
  1:        113        Phys-irq  i8042
  5:       2521        Phys-irq  sym53c8xx
  9:          0        Phys-irq  acpi
 11:        779        Phys-irq  hw-eth0
256:          0     Dynamic-irq  ctrl-if
257:      15736     Dynamic-irq  timer0
258:          0     Dynamic-irq  console
259:          0     Dynamic-irq  net-be-dbg
NMI:          0
LOC:          0
ERR:          0
MIS:          0