Re: [Xen-devel] Re: Using Debian packages

Here's the difference:

This one works...

> title           Debian GNU/Linux, kernel 2.4.27-2-386
> root            (hd0,0)
> kernel          /vmlinuz-2.4.27-2-386 root=/dev/sda6 ro
------------------^
No /boot here.

This one doesn't...

> title           XenLinux 2.0.5 SMP
> root            (hd0,0)
> kernel          /boot/xen.gz dom0_mem=131072
------------------^
Path includes /boot

Bear in mind the "root (hd0,0)" directive doesn't tell grub "this is my /
(root) filesystem", it means "interpret path references relative to the root
of this partition's filesystem".

> proc            /proc           proc    defaults        0       0
> /dev/sda6       /               ext3    defaults,errors=remount-ro 0
> 1 /dev/sda1       /boot           ext3    defaults        0       2

On your system /dev/sda1 == (hd0,0) and is your boot partition, so you only
need to specify the location of a kernel / module within this partition.

Try this in your menu.lst:

title           XenLinux 2.0.5 SMP
root            (hd0,0)
kernel          /xen.gz dom0_mem=131072
module          /xen-linux-2.6.10 root=/dev/sda6 ro console=tty0

HTH,
Mark