Re: [Xen-devel] Disappearing Kernel Options

To: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Disappearing Kernel Options
From: Jerome Brown <jerome@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 17:18:59 +1300
Delivery-date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 04:20:17 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Tom Hibbert wrote:
> Maybe you have got bitten by the same problem as Michael Urbanski and
> PCI is disabled :D?
>
> We should look at changing that default, btw...

After a bit of playing around I have fixed this problem. I hadn't copied
the xen0_defconfig from arch/xen/configs/ to arch/xen/defconfig. Now
that I have I get those options back.

There is a bug, however. As long as the .config file has the PCI options
selected then the Bus Options option shows up under X86 Processor
Configuration, (not on the main menu as for usual kernel configures),
but if it is not, or the arch/xen/defconfig file is not in place then it
does not show at all.

FWIW, PCI support _is_ enabled by arch/xen/defconfig, so the cards show
up at that time.

Now all I need is to have access to the MTRR option (CONFIG_MTRR) that
is usually under Processor type and features ... :)
--
Jerome Brown
Technology Architect

P: +64  3 961-5116
M: +64 29 453 7663
F: +64  3 961-5129
E: jerome@xxxxxxxxxx
W: http://www.hub.net.nz/
O: Level 4, 818 Colombo St, Christchurch, New Zealand
S: PO Box 1879, Christchurch, New Zealand