[Xen-devel] minor correction to install.sh

[Ian == m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx on Wed, 26 Jan 2005 20:16:15 -0000]

  Ian> In hind sight it was a bad idea to start unravelling the build
  Ian> system.  It wasn't pretty, but it worked...

I personally think the improvements to the build system were worth the
risk of merging.  I do think that fewer non-trivial changes should get
applied to the testing and unstable trees simultaneously and that
large batches of changes applied at the same time always carry risk.

Please don't shy off of build-related improvements in the future; good
building, packaging, and development support has wide-ranging benefits
to the community.  Yeah, sometimes you won't anticipate all
environments, but there's always the stable tree for those who don't
feel like helping to catch and report breakages.

-- jared@xxxxxxxxxxx

"Tiger gotta hunt.  Bird gotta fly.
 Man gotta sit and wonder why, why, why.
 Tiger gotta sleep.  Bird gotta land.
 Man gotta tell himself he understand." -- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.