[Xen-devel] Serial console funnies

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] Serial console funnies
From: Patrick Caulfield <pcaulfie@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 11:11:34 +0000
Delivery-date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 15:46:02 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have a dual-processor machine with no keyboard/monitor on it that I would like
to use for Xen but I'm having problems getting the serial console to work
properly.

I can see the system boot up into dom0 and I get the login prompt so it all
looks setup correctly, but it won't take keyboard input - at least not into the
login process on dom0. if I ssh into the box and try to read from the serial
port I still get nothing.

However, if I do ^a^a^a I can interact with the Xen code, so the serial port
itself is working, it just seems like it's not getting passed down to dom0.

I've had this from 2.0->2.0.3 and also with the latest unstable bk.

FWIW this is my grub entry:

title Xen (2.0/Linux 2.6.10)
        root (hd0,0)
        kernel /xen.gz com1=57600,8n1 dom0_mem=131072
        module /vmlinuz-2.6.10-xen0 ro root=/dev/sda5 console=ttyS0

--

patrick