Re: [Xen-devel] Re: Where to get FreeBSD port for Xen

Kip Macy wrote:
It is getting late and the 2.0-testing snapshot I'm running just locked
up on me. I'll look at it further tomorrow.

Could you try looking at my freebsd config file? I didn't partition this
mdroot the same way as I did the previous one. That may somehow be
giving you grief.

It seems to be related to the host system. I tried booting your FreeBSD 5.3 kernel and mdroot on a P4 Celeron system here in my office running Xen (2.0.1, fyi); the kernel fired right up, mounted root, and came to a login: prompt. The system that was having problems is a dual Opteron 242 with 1 GB of RAM (it's an HP DL145, specifically).

If you'd like to log into the machine directly and see if you can figure anything out, please contact me off-list, and we'll make arrangements; I'd like to see this work, but obviously the not-booting thing is kind of a downer. :)

--
Derrik Pates
demon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx