RE: [Xen-devel] allocating virtual nic to domain0

To: "Andrew Theurer" <habanero@xxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] allocating virtual nic to domain0
From: "Ian Pratt" <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 21:59:32 -0000
Delivery-date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 22:01:05 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Is it possible to allocate a virtual nic to domain0?  I guess under
> normal conditions you would not need to do this, but I am trying some
> experiments, and it would be useful.

Are you intending on having the backend of the VIF in domain 0 or
another domain?

The control tools are likely to put up fairly stiff resistence to
letting you configure this, but the kernel should be happy. (though I'd
have to think through deadlock implications if the front and back are in
the same domain)

Ian