RE: [Xen-devel] LXR-type source code browsing

> I've never been very convinced about the security of LXR. Do you reckon
> we'd get away with running one on the public internet? Do you know
> whether lxr.linpro.no have had problems?

Offhand I'm not aware of any, though they have occasionally pushed updates
that remove vulnerabilities (i.e., version 0.3.1, Mar 2003).  The
lxr.linpro.no site replaced what used to be lxr.linux.no site [for what
seems to be bandwidth-related reasons], and they have an LXR repository
hosted at mozilla.org -- both are popular sites, so my guess is security
problems would crop up more often if LXR was indeed prone to them.

As you point out, Xen provides an ideal environment for opening access to
a sandboxed LXR webserver.  :-)

What is the timeline for deploying the new server?  Access to the LXR
repository is something I would find immediately useful.

JLG

P.S. Is there a problem with the mail at sourceforge?  My posts to
xen-devel made it out immediately in December, but today the lag is 45
minutes or more.