Re: [Xen-devel] Bandwidth monitoring?

On Fri, 2005-01-14 at 00:59 -0600, Tim Freeman wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 19:49:01 -0500
> Matt Ayres <matta@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I was wondering if anyone here currently uses a system to monitor total
> > traffic sent/received for each domain.
>
> Have you looked into mrtg?
> http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/mrtg/

This falls under the SNMP category so it falls under the same
limitations I stated below.  It's not usable except in the case of
possibly hooking it into a back-end script to load it's data.  Also, for
those that use MRTG i'd highly recommend people look at RTG
(http://rtg.sourceforge.net).

> Also, enforcement is possible:
> http://www.knowplace.org/shaper/index.html

This isn't exactly monitoring, but it still useful.  I actually do have
network QoS working under Xen using iproute2/tc tools and it works fine