Re: [Xen-devel] Re: nfsroot and brige

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005, Nuutti Kotivuori wrote:

> But, I'd just like to make sure - this aversion to bridging is because
> of bridges getting configured wrong, people having wrong assumptions on
> how they work, and bridges being a bad default choice, right? There
> aren't any known actual bugs in Xen or bridge code wrt. bridging setups,
> are there?

it's probably incompetence on my part, but I've found a lot of
half-working ways to configure the bridge but none that act like bridges
(hardware ones I mean) that I've used in the past.

Also we've seen real problems here with nfs root, when starting a domU and
cutting over to xen-br0 the connection seems to die.

So, tell me: I have a dom0 with eth0 at 10.128.107.187, eth1 at
192.168.0.65, and I want to bridge a domU at 192.168.0.66 to the dom0 such
that domU can go out over my 802.11 network to the world. How will my
xen-br0 and vif1.0 configuration look? I never got this to work correctly.
What I really want is domU to DHCP to 192.168.0.1, and I never saw that
work correctly either. But, if the bridge is really a bridge, that should
"just happen" (or did on real hardware bridges).

ron