[Xen-devel] serial console with xen

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] serial console with xen
From: Matthieu Patou <matxen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 00:05:48 +0100
Delivery-date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 23:06:28 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,
i've tried to activate serial output with the hypervisor and dom0 but with no success I'm just able to have serial console for grub with those two following line (so with this i'm sure that my serial configuration is oK)
serial --unit=0 --speed=57600
terminal --timeout=10 serial console
and with this configuration (but i tried some others) i can't have xen hypervisor output on serial line.
Can someone give me some clues ?

#####My grug configuration##########
title  XEN linux root: /dev/hde2 low ram
kernel (hd0,1)/boot/xen.gz com1=57600 dom0_mem=32768
module (hd0,1)/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.27-xen0 root=/dev/hde2 ro console=tty0 xencons=tty

I expect from this setup to have also my dom0 console on serial line, a couple of month ago i've read a message from Ian (i think) saying that it's not necessary to supply console=tty0,ttyS0 in order to have dom0 console on the serial line As i've understood, suppling tty0 to the "console" parameter will tell the dom0 kernel to use the same console as the xen hypervisor.

Am i wrong ?

Is there a more complete documentation about console configuration than the xen 2.0 user manual ?

Regards
Matthieu