Re: [Xen-devel] Is continuous replication of state possible?

http://foldoc.doc.ic.ac.uk/foldoc/foldoc.cgi?query=deterministic&action=Search

IOW, "Deterministic" basically means that something will proceed predictably,
with no randomness.  This means that if we know the starting state of a
deterministic piece of code then we can predict everything it's going to do
perfectly.

A real machine has lots of non-determinism - for instance interrupts arrive
randomly and they affect the execution of the code on the machine.  For
deterministic replay, you'd have to sample all the random events so that you
could deliver them at the right times when rerunning a virtual machine's
execution.

HTH,
Mark