RE: [Xen-devel] intel agp card support 2

To: "Ronald G. Minnich" <rminnich@xxxxxxxx>, "Stijn De Weirdt" <stijn.deweirdt@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] intel agp card support 2
From: "Ian Pratt" <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 15:44:13 -0000
Cc: "Ian Pratt" <Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Thu, 06 Jan 2005 15:45:37 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> On Thu, 6 Jan 2005, Stijn De Weirdt wrote:
>
> > if the problem is that /dev/mem doesn't has the correct info after
> > booting xen0, maybe i can copy the info from my working
> system to some
> > file, and then load this file in the memory of xen0. how big is the
> > bios file (and what are the correct dd commands ;) ?
>
> you can possibly even hand the file to X11 and tell it to use
> that file as
> the bios image, not /dev/mem.
>
> not sure if X11 will let you do this; we do it with our bios emulator.

This might get you a stage further, but it will fail as soon as the
driver tries to access the frame bufffer via /dev/mem. We really need to
get to the bottom of whis this is failing on your system. Please can you
post the output of 'xm dmesg'.

Does the system otherwise work? Can you start other VMs OK?

What's he *oldest* version of Xen you've tried this with? (i.e. have you
ever tried 2.0.1 or 2.0.0 ?)

Thanks,
Ian