[Xen-devel] other architectures and JIT translation

To: <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] other architectures and JIT translation
From: "James Harper" <JamesH@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 15:14:02 +1100
Delivery-date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 04:14:56 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

An except from the docs said that other architectures might be supported in the future. Does the xen architecture lend itself to hosting an emulation/JIT translation layer that might run (say) an x86 VM inside a PPC? Not a lot of point when using open source I guess, but it might be useful someday if a commercial OS were released with xen compatibility.

On a vaguely related question, is there any 2.4/2.6 equivalent to iBCS? Maybe nobody cares anymore.

James