Re: [Xen-devel] Problems rebooting xen guest

To: xen@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Problems rebooting xen guest
From: Ian Pratt <Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 08:44:52 +0100
Cc: Ian Pratt <Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 08:48:25 +0100
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> I am having problems rebooting the xen guest OS using the build from the
> 28 Aug 2004.

I'd certainly upgrade before doing anything further. There's been
some useful bug fixes.

> Initialising Xen virtual ethernet frontend driver.
> [XEN] Failed to connect all virtual interfaces: err=-100
> IP-Config: Device `eth0' not found.
>
> I am using dummy0 on the bridge.
> Is this something that may have been fixed in newer versions?

Why do you need to use dummy0 on the bridge? Are you doing this
in lieu of a LAN interface?

Can you look in /var/log/xend.* to see if anything is being
logged as to why the netfront driver isn't being connected.
Are you seeing a vif appear in domain 0 if you do an ifconfig to
list them?

> Also, the hole box also seems to break stop functioning some times, when
> there is heavy network load. I will probably have to select debug when
> compiling to figure that out.

This should be fixed in newer builds.

Ian