Re: [Xen-devel] reboot weirdness - problem identified

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] reboot weirdness - problem identified
From: Paul Dorman <pauld@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 12:30:47 +1200
Delivery-date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 01:37:25 +0100
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Just prior to your email I had tried to start X from the command line after
taking gdm out of the startup. Again with the spontaneous reboot. I'm not
really concerned about graphical performance at all, I just prefer working in
a graphical environment if I can. I'm also considering a case whereby our web
developers may one day work with Xen VMs on their workstations (thus saving
our precious server resources) which would be transfered easily to the
servers when they are ready), in which case having X play nice would be
crucial.

If anyone has a machine with a RageXL adapter or another one that uses the ati
xfree86 driver, I'd love a copy of their config file, and to know what they
had to do to get it all working with the Xen0 kernel.

In the meantime I'm having a go with the agp and drm patches to see if that
improves the situation.

Thanks all for your time. Regards,
Paul