Re: [Xen-devel] Question about starting a domain

To: Kathy Chen <kathy_ios@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Question about starting a domain
From: Steven Hand <Steven.Hand@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2004 08:20:32 +0100
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Steven.Hand@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 01 Sep 2004 08:20:33 +0100
>I installed the latest Xen with linux-2.6.8.1 on
>my RedHat machine today. After "make-install" and
>restart, it runs well. When I edited the xmexample1
>file at minimun, including "kernel", "memory", "disk",
>"dhcp", and executed "xm create -f ./xmexample1
>vmid=1", there's an error. It says
>      "Error: Internal Server Error"

Have you started xend? ("xend start")
I guess you have, but in this case I'd expect a load of
output from xend after you type 'xm create...' - do you
see anything?

One other thing to check is you have a /etc/xen/xmdefconfig
(or to simply cp xmexampl to /etc/xen/xmdefconfig and then
 try "xm create -c vmid=")

cheers,

S.