RE: [Xen-devel] xen0=2.6.7 network problem in xenU (SOLVED)

To: Ian Pratt <Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] xen0=2.6.7 network problem in xenU (SOLVED)
From: James Harper <JamesH@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 11:17:10 +1000
Cc: Ian Pratt <Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 02:25:32 +0100
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
a tcpdump in dom0 doesn't show any packets coming out of the vif interfaces. Not even the arp requests. The packet counts don't increment when I sent packets, although they do otherwise increment occasionally but I don't know why.

if i do a flood ping (ping -f), i get lots of dots but obviously it doesn't know the mac address (actually it does sometimes because it can listen and so hears some arp responses). If I add in the mac address manually, i get about 14 dots and then nothing. almost like it's filling up a queue somewhere and then stops.

Are you able to reproduce this at all? i'm not able to test it for a few days and I don't need ipv6 anyway.

James