Re: [Xen-devel] xen0=2.6.7 network problem in xenU (SOLVED)

To: James Harper <JamesH@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] xen0=2.6.7 network problem in xenU (SOLVED)
From: Ian Pratt <Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 10:41:46 +0100
Cc: "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 10:43:55 +0100
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> hmmm... loading the ipv6 module caused this problem. I think maybe i've seen
> that before too.

Our netfront/netback drivers should be transparent to the actual
protocol that you're running over them.

We've never tested them with ipv6, but I'd be kinda surprised if
they were at fault.

I wander if this is some sort of ipv6 interaction with either the
bridge or ebtables code? I'd wager that they haven't been well
tested with ipv6.

> Can someone please test a 2.6.7-xen0 kernel with ipv6 loaded and then a
> 2.6.7-xenU kernel in another domain and see if they can get any network
> traffic?

Is it just the act of having the module installed that break
things, or do you need to configure one of the two domains with
an ipv6 interface address?

Ian