Re: [Xen-devel] Problems booting 2.6.7 Dom0 with 3ware Controllers

To: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Problems booting 2.6.7 Dom0 with 3ware Controllers
From: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2004 20:29:12 +0100
Cc: sven.kretzschmar@xxxxxx, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 09 Aug 2004 20:34:05 +0100
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
So, I think most of your problems are in hand or solved:

 1. Segfaults without 'nosegfixup':
    I'm working on it, and will hopefully have a fix tomorow.
 2. Segfaults in hwclock/kudzu: FIXED
 3. Bogus config options (e.g., SMP): FIXED (just removed for now)

The only one we don't have a handle on is your non-operational 3ware
controller. If you build a Linux-2.4 for Xen, does it work then?

A useful thing would be full boot logs from Xen and Linux-2.6-xen,
versus a full boot log from Linux-2.6-native. If you do this, please
build Xen with 'debug=y make' as it prints a load more useful info as
it boots.

 -- Keir