Re: [Xen-devel] file corruption!!!

On 17 Jul 2004, at 21:21, Ian Pratt wrote:

It would be very interesting to hear whether you get the problem
with the 2.6.7 xen linux. It might give us a clue as to whether
the problem is with the backend blk driver or within the domain
itself (the 2.6.7 implementation is completely different).

I can certainly give the 2.6.7 guest another try. I did have it booting, but I didn't persist with it long enough to tell if there was fs corruption -- there seemed to be issues loading modules, and when I compiled everything in, I got a gpf when racoon tried to use a PF_KEY socket. I'll try and get some useful dumps for both these problems.

I've checked in a fix. It should work fine with LVM and loop
devices again.

All seems well with that fix, with domain 0 using LVs, and exporting them to other domains. I'll give the machine some load and see what happens.

Nothing obviously wrong here, though could you try the simpler:

module /boot/vmlinuz-2.4.26-xen0 root=/dev/sda1 ro console=ttyS0

What happens if you run a getty on /dev/ttyS0 ?

That module line gives the same symptoms. I do have a getty on ttyS0, and I see the login banner from it, but can't log in.

Actually I do have problems with Linux 2.6.6 on the same system. Once the kernel initialises the serial driver, the port settings appear to change -- I get the symptoms of incorrect baud rate. When userspace starts, it seems to switch back (although I have to reset my terminal). The hardware is a Dell 1650, with console redirection on, but redirection after boot disabled.

Domain 0 runs debian testing -- would I need to disable the calls to setserial in the initscripts, or should they just fail safely?

Cheers,
Chris.